single parenting

i was raised in a single parent household by my dad..
those that were raised in a single parent household ..what do u remember the most about being raised in a single parent household..did it affect how u change how u wanted to raise your child/ren
for me it was the way my dad would try to make ends meet..no matter what..he tried to make sure we had food,clothes not name brand but clean..but most importantlylove..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• My parents were devorced but lived within 30 min of each other. The thing I remember most about my dad is how he will still to this day give up something that he needs so i have something. When my husband and I got into some money trouble because we had to move my dad sent me 200 for food when i asked for only 50 because we were going to be paid in less then 1 week. With my mom the thing I remember most is how she always wanted us to have the best of the best. She had more of the money to spend but we didnt get everything either. But what we did get was super nice.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• raised by a single mom.....I remember my mom being a lazy, PA abusing, drugged out, abusive bitch. that motivated me to NOT do ANYTHING like she did. I am proud to say that I am a freaking WONDERFUL mother to my DD.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• tho my mom wasnt an addict she was just a dead beat who lived 15 min from where we lived she never came by to say hi..thats y i valued my single dad..who will go above an beyond for me an my kids..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010