I forgot how much this sucks.

Being in the third trimester and having to get up every hour or two to go pee! It's even worse now that the bathroom is down stairs in the places (vs the apartment I lived in while pregnant with my first, the bathroom was just around the corner from our bedroom).. oh and our bathroom is having plumbing issues on top of it! GRRR!
anyone else dislike the bladder pee-every-hour part of pregnancy? Anyone have remedies (okay so I know that's probably stupid and there really isn't any, but you never know, lol, wishful thinking)?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am also in my 3rd trimester and what I have learned at least for me that seems to let me go for longer periods than every hour is to take sips of water throughout the day instead of big glasses or gulps every time. And yes, I agree stop drinking at least a few hours before bed. If thirsty then take small sips to keep hydrated. My babies head is sitting on my bladder too and it actually hurts if I drink too much at once.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Try not to have any liquids a few hours befre bedtime. I totally feel your pain. I have a messed upi bladder due to a really incompetent dr that screwed it up during a c-section. That was 6 years ago and I have on some days a feeling like I'm going to pee all over and then I get to the toliet and it just trickles. Then I get up and 5 mins later its the same thing. Its like my bladder doesn't release everything at once.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have a tiny bladder as it is and ever since week 11 I have been up at least once an hour to pee. I asked my doctor about it and he said no liquids after 6 p.m. It has helped a bit. I get up three times a night now.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think there is any remedy for it. When I was pregnant, I pee every ten minutes I complained to my doctor but he said it is normal. And it happens if the baby is sitting on the bladder.

jessy629

Answer by jessy629 at 4:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• .

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010