Do you prefer taking cruises or staying at an all inclusive resort?

Mommiebiz824

Asked by Mommiebiz824 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Travel

• Pros and cons to both. Cruises: multiple locations to tour, great food, but dinky rooms, pay for drinks, sitting with strangers at dinner, seasickness (not to mention, everything costs extra). All-inclusive resorts: only one destination while on vacation (con), but EVERYTHING is included (you have the option to pay for off-resort excursions), food is great, rooms are nice. I'd have to go with the all-inclusive resort. I've been on both.....although, we're thinking about a Disney Cruise when my DD gets a little older, since my DH has never been on a cruise.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm defintely gonna say NO CRUISE. I do NOT want to ever be in a position where I am in foreign seas and under their rules. Not to mention people come up missing by the hundreds every year HELLO!!!!! And to top it all off the cell phone bills are jaw dropping.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Cruise- hands down...we love to cruise. We are actually going on a cruise 2 days after Thanksgiving.
    My BIL and his family just got home from an all inclusive in Costa Rica 2 weeks ago and they told us that cruises were much better and that they won't go back to an all inclusive again.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it really depends on what you want to do with your vacation. Would you rather be more on the go in a floating hotel - which I loved. Got to see many places with unpacking only once. Or would you rather just hang out and do what the hotel has to offer, maybe a trip into town or go diving but hanging on the beach more?

I've done both. I felt more at home in the all inclusives as there were more people my age. Nearly 20 years later, that will likely have changed. I would like to take a cruise, but traveling with Upchuck Charlie (DS1) may prevent that.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Never been on a cruise, and it's never really appealed to us. We're also not into seeing/doing as many things as we can on vacation - vacation means doing as little as possible! ;) That said, the best vacation we've ever taken was our honeymoon, spending 10 days on a private island resort where pretty much everything was included. (The only things extra were scuba diving lessons and anything from the gift shop/drug store.)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 11:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We love cruises because there is something for everyone. You see different places, you can do many things or nothing at all, dance, eat by yourselves or with others, see shows, gamble, etc.

Cell phone bills can be high on the ship but you can call from the ports and depending on your plan it can be included in your minutes. Hundreds of people are not missing each year from cruise ships however, manyf people are missing each year in the United States.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Staying at an all inclusive resort
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 1:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Resort on a island no one knows about.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• All inclusive:-)
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 2:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i will have to say no cruise i am really afraid of what can happen out in that unpredictable sea
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2010