My skin is so dry. What cream do you use?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Fragrance free Aveeno. The oat resores moisture and keeps itching at bay. Anything with fragrance irriates too. The trick is to put it on when your skin is still damp out of the shower. Just pat dry and the lotion up.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well I have heard so often that olive oil is GREAT, although I cannot stand that oily feeling on my body. I literally test out creams in the store so I can fell how the cream reacts with my skin type. I am also very sensitive to smells and only appreciate certain ones on my body. Any cream that soaks in to my skin immediately with no oily residue and has a scent that I appreciate I will buy. I have found creams at the dollar store that fit the bill and buy them usually but sometimes I like to buy a cream that is a bit more costly but smells so good as a treat!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream on my elbows and rough patches of skin. For my face, I use Timewise Moisturizer for combo/oily skin. For my hands, I use the Peach Satin Hands Set.

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 2:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Eucerin for extremely dry conditions and skin. Personally, I use Jergens and Olay on my face
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree wholeheartedly with 4xsthetrouble above, though I've personally found Dove to be too harsh. Get rid of any and all products that contain petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, and anything that is not natural - it's damaging to your skin and it exacerbates the dryness. I personally use a wonderful cleanser from the Dr. Aubrey organics line; I don't even have to use a moisturizer afterwards and my skin has always been very dry. When I need some moisturizing, I use organic, expeller-pressed, hexane-free coconut oil for both my face and body.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use Mary Kay
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Look into more natural things. Oatmeal, eggs, olive oil is very good. If you do not like the oily feeling... use in VERY small amounts. Jajoba and coconut oil are also good alternatives to some of the things on the shelves.
    What do you bathe with also? Some soaps are harsher than others and can CAUSE your dry skin. Use more sensitive soaps... Dove is excellent.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use baby oil right out of the shower even before i dry off, so that afterwards it dosent feel greasy, then I use coco butter, my skin always feels soft and smooth :)
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 8:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use a combination - I only wash with Mia Bella's Bella Bar and then I use their hand/foot lotion on the area that is extra dry. It works wonders and even works on my children in the winter when they have dry skin.

Let me know and I will send you to the website - I do not want to spam the link here! ;0)
    Cheryl
    candlesbychill

Answer by candlesbychill at 9:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Eucerin works really good :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2010