do you think tea party candidates are hurting Republicans?

With current media attention focusing so tightly on controversial tea party candidates, do you think Republicans might end up losing some of the support they were depending on?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 1:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think so. They are an embarassment to my republican friends.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think so. I think the constituency is reacting to how the government has been run for the last two years. They are picking candidates that are focusing on things that are important to them because it's clear that the representatives in DC aren't listening to their constituency. My understanding of the TP is that it crosses party lines and includes people from all parties that are sick of the out of control government that we have been fostering for a while. I won't assume that they will all vote for the same candidate come election time, but it's good that they feel that they are doing something worth while and that they are paying more attention to what is going on in Washington.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think for the most part the Tea Party is putting the GOP back on track. While not all candidates are going to be Tea Party favorites they are sending a message to all incumbants. Stop spending or we will work to replace you.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• NOPE!! They are helping to weed out the RINOs in favor of fiscally conservative, smaller government candidates.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They may, not because of the controversial/conservative politics, but they may take away some of the votes Republicans would normally have received.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No.But I do think people assume quickly all Pubs are TP members and vice versa. It's not true, I have yet to meet a Republican from our women's federation who has attended TP functions.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They are hurting themselves ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, they are making the republicans get back to their conservative roots.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes. I know I have lost all confidence in the GOP.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it is obvious that they have already, all one has to do is look at the money trails and election results to see former GOP money and votes going to TP candidates. When any party becomes divided that split hurts both until one gains the strength and majority.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010