when did your kids start fighting?

My one year old and two year old are already wrestling. When did yours start fighting...if they ever did?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 2:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have twins and a lot of close age kids. I found the closer the gape the sooner they started fighting. Mostly a communication thing. One wants the toy and takes it. I always picked up the "victim" and talked to them then Talked to the "offender" about how to get a toy they want to play with. hard when they are still babies but the cuddling you are giving the "victim" often helps get the point across to the other child.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• lol. It is very rare that the do. They are 2 and 5. my oldest will get jealous sometimes and do something to his lil sis but hardly ever now because she packs a mighty good punch lol. It is very rare because they really do adore each other. Your best bet is to teach them to love each other. I say things all the time to both kids of how the oher sibling loves them. Then they like each other. It sounds weird but it worked!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Mine are 2 and 6, it seems like they have been fighting forever! I say it started when my youngest was about 10 or 11 months old and started being able to bug his brother and take things from him or bite him or hit him... They both have Autism so it gets interesting :)
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 2:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My younger two just started fighting over the summer. Sometimes my 9 year old will be real bitchy towards one of them and I have to intervene.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My kids have been fighting since they could play together! I have a 13 year old and then a 3 year old and a 15 month old and u would think that with the 10 years difference the kids would get along, but that does not happen! they argue and fight about everything and anything u can think of. Just imagine, I have at least another 17 years of it:)
    gwelburn

Answer by gwelburn at 2:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my kids fought all the time when they where small now that they are older from 30 to 17yrs old they just tell the other one piss then off
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Mine does not have siblings....and sadly now is intimated by other boys. He never had someone to rough house with. He is strong and could seriously hurt someone if he wanted, but he does not know his own strength. i don't approve of violence but i came to realize that for boys it is important to act it out to some degree. I actually feel sorry for my boy now because i do blame a lot of his insecure behavior on that.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2010