How can I get my 6 1/2 month old son to stop peeing out of his diaper at night?

It seems even though I change him through out the night that sometimes he pees out of his pamper. It seems I am washing linens alot more often now.

chelsey1

Asked by chelsey1 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• point his little manhood down, and make the diaper snug so it doesn't wiggle free.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Try the overnight diapers. They're thicker so they can absorb more. They are a little more expensive, but you'll only use one or two a night. Take Care.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• try over night diapers and make sure when closing the diaper up "it" is in the middle of the diaper and not point towards the edge.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Overnight diapers. These are sold in most grocery stores, some walmarts, and BabiesRUs. You'll usually find Huggies Overnights.

Diaper doublers. These are like a maxi pad without a backing. They go inside his regular diaper. You'll find them sold as the store brand at most grocery stores and at BabiesRUs.

A cloth diaper. Get a couple of cloth diapers with a waterproof outer cover. Get them big enough to go OVER his regular diaper. These will catch any leaks during the night and you'll only have to wash it, not all the bedding.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• don't give him so much liquids threw out the night.Feed him some baby oatmeal before bed so he wont be hungry

Answer by louise2 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• try overnights or the next size up.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I COULDNT USE PAMPERS ON MY DAUGHTER CAUSE NOMATTER HOW OFTEN I CHANGED HER, PEE THROUGH THEM SHE WOULD. I WOULD GET THE OVER-NIGHTS, OR GO UP IN SIZE. OR EVEN PUT THOSE PLASTIC UNDERWEAR ON OVER HIS DIAPER. I WOULD CHANGE BRANDS FIRST THOUGH, AND SEE IF THAT DOESNT HELP. I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SAME THINGS WITH PAMPERS. GOOD LUCK MOMMA!
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• pampers were the only thing i could use when my some was a baby but once he hit 6 months old i switched to huggies and bought huggie overnights for bed time... they work sooo much better... now it only happens if the diaper is getting too snug its become my sign of when its time to chagne the size... but overnights are amazing!!!! the saved alot of sheet washings lol...
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Thats how i know when my DD needs the next size up. She always pees through them.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• there are actually night pads to put inside the diaper..just in case..I know what you feel..my son was doin the same... anyways I found them in Target near the pharmacy area...or the medicine aisle..
    Mom2every1

Answer by Mom2every1 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008