humans an animals

What's the difference btween us an animals in the bible?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 3:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We are superior. God made Adam first and then animals and they were friends with Adam. God let Adam name all of the animals.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• – collapse
    Damn straight!! Thank you SweetLoveofMine, finally someone who realizes the truth. I say all the time to the idiots who own pets "Animals are lower life forms, they do not deserve my respect (especially pets)" I say this to my SO who chose to get a puppy over a year ago even after me stating how much I HATE dogs and cats and the humans who made the choice to domesticate them for their own selfish reasons, not to mention the selfish idiots who choose to continue to do so". It's extremely repulsive behavior!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Actually God made the animals first. (Genesis 1:20-26) But in Genesis 1:26 He does say for us to have "...dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." But do not forget "A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast:..." (Proverbs 12:10) So, yes we are greater a regarded higher than they are but we are to take care of them just like the rest of God's creation.

But the real difference is that humans have a spirit and animals don't. We both have souls (mind, will, and emotions) and bodies.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Even though animals were created first only man was created with a desire to worship God.
    dgall

Answer by dgall at 6:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• There is no difference between humans and animals, they are both living things that deserve to be treated with kindness and love. Ghandi once stated that the morality of a nation is measured by the way it treats their animals. I think this whole literal interpretation of dogma as G-d putting us above the animals is the kind of bs that leads to animal abuse.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I know we have spirits an they don't..but buttercup says we both have souls, (mind,will,and emotions,) bodies..
    So what does that supp to mean..does that mean there a diif btween having a spirit an a soul in our body...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 8:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Animals are smarter- they live in the real world, don't screw each over, don't need religion, don't create wars or worry about what other animals think of them.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Seirously I'm tryin to uunderstand the bible more..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I believe the difference is that humans have spirit and animals dont
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• In Genesis, God gives human beings dominion over the animals (though I personally don't think He'd be that happy with the way we treat them these days!) I personally think that animals are sentient beings in their own right and are worthy of our compassion, but I'm not drawing that Biblically since I"m not Christian.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010