Do you think that truth is subjective or absolute?

I KNOW that truth is subjective when it comes to a certain individual person, this explains how numerous people who experienced the exact same thing may provide different accounts of the same experience. BUT......I also KNOW that there is an absolute truth! The difference is in the use of words, adjectives and adverbs make the experience personal and therefore subjective. If you explain a scenario without using those type of words as it truly is, that is absolute truth!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 3:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think both, depending on the situation. Mostly subjective...life is subjective. There are 3 sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thanks for being soooo nice! Its so refreshing.
    It is what it is . It was a car accident no matter who saw what and when and how. Bit just because it was doesn't mean everybody was wrong in their perspectives
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 4:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The truth... Well there are more sides to a story than 1. 4 people can see the seme car accident bit all tell a different version. Does it make any of them wrong just because everyone saw something different?
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 3:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• @stepho345...are you able to comprehend english? I covered your statement in the body of my question, hoping to avoid someone typing something like you typed.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 3:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Math equations have an absolute truth, people aren't that simple. I see what you're saying, and I agree with you - but human nature is to use our own experiences to alter the perception of what we see. In a physical situation (car accident, etc.) there is a single event, in other situations the truth isn't as clear, so the "truth" is really the perception of those involved.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I believe there is an absolute truth, as in God does or does not exist, 2+2 does or does not = 4, etc, but I do believe that most of life is about perception, and therefore a lot of truth is subjective. I think that's because a lot of things - people especially - aren't absolutes. For example, a person isn't the same all the time, people are complex, can't be described or summed up by an absolute. So we have to go on our perceptions of people. Who they are in relation to ourselves. But who they are with us might not (and often isn't) who they are in relation to others. This could also play into situations that involve humans - why there are two (or more) sides to every story - especially since those involved so often are coming from different perceptions and have different understandings of the situation....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think there are very very few absolute truths but there are some.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2010