ANYONE IN A POLYGAMIST MARRIAGE? UGH

I watched Sister Wives on TLC Sunday with my SO and he says " I bet they are soooo happy" so this started a heated debate because I am against it. I thinkits just an excuse for a man to be greedy with women. Grow tire of a wife HELL get another! lol

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 3:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• It should work both ways; if a man can have more than one wife, then we should be able to have more than one husband (but honestly most women are smarter than that, lol!)

Honestly I think it's disgusting.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i saw the commercials for that show and couldn't even bring myself to watch it, it's just disgusting!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I couldnt wait to see it...he already has three wives and on the show he made an anouncement to his 13 kids and 3 wives that he will be taking another wife who already has 2 or 3 kids. ewww I would NEVER want more than one husband! My SO thinks they are so happy because it takes "cheating" off the map! Im like well I guess you're right he doesnt have to cheat just take another wife
    MiMiBreezy

Comment by MiMiBreezy (original poster) at 3:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I did not watch it but I cannot marry a man who has a wife already not to talk of three. Am a jealous type. I cant bear sharing my man with another woman.

jessy629

Answer by jessy629 at 4:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My hubby and I watched it together and ya i think it is his way of saying he have  his cake and eat it 3 times over. I think that all the children are gonna be fucked up for life and they have to know this isn't normal behavior what so ever. these children know that i don't care. My hubby was disguisedover his behavior i have to say i have a good man, this just go to show how sick men are in there thinking process. My hubby would never ever think of cheating on me or anyone he has ever been with in the past. His first 2 children's mother cheated on him all the time. He knows what it is like to be on the other side of it.  Me personal i think this guy has a sex addiction and he just lucky and they gave him a show to show it off. They should have to helped him get the help he is in need of.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it is interesting to know people actually live this way. I don't agree with it. My dh was disgusted with the show. I think the guy is just a dog...and they are allowing it.

They are being investigated now. They said they had been watching the family before but the show made it more known.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• isnt this illegal in the United States?
    MiMiBreezy

Comment by MiMiBreezy (original poster) at 5:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Polygamy is illegal, but he is only legally married to his first wife, they had a religiousceremony for the others but didn't file any marriage licences with the state.  I don't know how this can be prosecuted since people are allowed to live together out of wedlock and if you aren't technically married under the courts what law is broken. 

I have issues with the financial situation.  Who decides how money is spent?  If the husband dies how are all these wives and children taken care of when only one wife is a legal beneficiary?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I AM AGAINST IT.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• To each his own. I know people that are Mormon, and while the church is against polygamy now, there are some within the church that still think it's ok. If they are happy, and the kids are taken care of, I don't think they are doing anything wrong. It's not a choice I'd make, but I don't judge them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010