What's your opinion on the death penalty?

I'm all for it, in fact, i think that it needs to be used more often, if you murder or rape anyone then you should be exectued. if you have been sentenced to life in prison, you should be executed. what's the point of giving free housing and food until the day they die? might as well just get it over with! but what bugs me the most, is that there are so many people sitting on death row, that are there for years. if you are sentenced to death then imo it needs to be carried out immediately. why pay for these creeps to sit on death row all of their lives, especially with our economy the way it is? think of how much money we would be saving if we didn't have to house and feed those who have been sentenced to death! plus, i think if it was carried out more often, we would probably be seeing less crime. people would be afraid of getting the death penalty! wouldn't you agree?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 3:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Cost to house 1 death row inmate a year, $125,000. Cost of 1 bullet, $.40. Peace of mind, priceless.
    MKsGrammie

Answer by MKsGrammie at 10:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• an eye for an eye. A friend of mine was executed and as sad as it was to see him die the fact of the matter is that he killed a cop and that is against the law and he should pay for it. Even if it was my kid, i would feel horrible that I didn't do my job right and raise him/her to do the right thing and obey the law. Everybody on death row is somebody's kid but the law is the law.
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 7:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's justice, and a suitable punishment for horrific crimes. There are many people in our prison system that simply can't/won't be rehabilitated, it's their nature to be evil. My only issue with the death penalty is that it takes so very long for the sentence to be carried out; there are countless appeals, and it costs the states a large chunk of money to house these animals until they die. With forensics as they are today, as well as the lengthy court process, I doubt that there are "innocents" being executed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• People who rape and kill should be given a fair trial, ONE appeal and then taken out back and shot in the head. I'm not for leaving them lingering in jail with free food and other luxuries. Our judicial system is way too slow.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't think it is used often enough or swiftly enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Personally I think that rapists and pedophiles should be stoned in the town square.

Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly I think if they brought back hanging, we wouldn't have as much crime. If they knew they'd be hung and not sit on their asses for the rest of their lives with free food and housing... really, would it be worth it to them? I think not. Our world would be safer.
    But alas, they're not gonna do that.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If there's a man with a deadly cancerous tumor, what does one do with the tumor? We kill it. We don't remove it carefully and put it in a facility where it can grow for 25+ years. We stamp it out because we don't want that cancer in our world. Some MURDERERS (not anyone who caused a death, but real murderers) are cancer. I think we should treat them like we would a disgusting horrible disease.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's justice i am all for it , and a suitable punishment for horrific crimes..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Rapists, pedophiles and murderers should all be shot within 30 days of their conviction.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010