Nobody is pro-abotion, but what can we do as a society so women don't feel that abortion is their only option? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Until women realize that pregnancy is almost 100% preventable,except in the case of rape, probably nothing. Abortion has become just another form of birth control for some women. It is really quite disgusting. If you do not want to get pregnant get on some type of birth control or quit sleeping around.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Above person. Can we stop with slut shamming of women? Babies are made by two people. Why is it when abortion comes up it is always about the woman's fault. Why are we not shamming men?
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Agree with trey and angi because yes the boy/man should take part of the blame.Some BC methods out there are almost as good as sterilization and they can be obtained for free at the health dept for those who cannot pay.I also think too many parents are not taking the time to really raise their kids and know what they are up to.My older kids know of condoms and bc but I stress to them that it is best to wait,that having sex just to say they have had it is lame they should wait until they find the right one preferably after marriage.I do not think we need to start teaching 5 yr olds of condoms/bc that is just way too young imo.For cripes sake if a parent is really watching their little children the chances of anything happening that young (or even 9 or 10) would be slim to none.So imo overall parents need to step up and be more involved in their childrens lives.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• and OP we can promote adoption more so for those who are already pregnant.Instead of clinics jumping right to abortion and making it sound like not such a big deal..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Abortion is the woman's fault because she chooses to do it. BC is not 100% yet women seem to act like it is. There is only ONE 100% way to not get pregnant.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Until the dysfunctional cycle of broken homes, lack of parenting and education, drug and alcohol abuse and other negative factors are taken care of, the need and desire for abortions will remain. It's not a black and white issue- it's vicious circle that we as a society are trapped in.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Why do you feel the right to judge??? Educated women from stable homes have abortions too. It is legal. Unless you have been in a place where you faced an unwanted pregnancy you should show a little more compassion

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Anonymous why exactly do you think tha majority of PP's are where they tend to be located?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Ihartu has it right. When i went with my friend who had an abortion, it was crazy in there. There were no high class women in there. It was %90 teens & the rest looked like crack heads. It was aweful, i had a hard time just sitting in there. My friend was a teen at the time. I tried so hard to talk her out of it, but she was determined. I know her parents would have helped her....so sad.

Of course there are older woman of higher class that get abortions, but it is a lot less common. I think we need to do a better job teaching our young teens about sex & prevention. I think that is the best option for our society.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Trey, why would you think just because someone had an abortion they were sleeping around? How do you know it wasn't her first time or she is in a long term relationship. BC fails girls get pregnant. It happens. The only thing we can do is educate the teens AND the parents. That if your teen does get pregnant they did not do it to hurt you and maybe if more parents had better relationships with their kids it wouldn't happen as often,
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010