What do you think? I received a tract the other day from JWs about what hope for dead loved ones

I read it because I had recently lost an Aunt that I was close to. I looked up every scripture as they suggested I do in my own bible and everything the tract said was true! It told how we will be ressurrected to life on under peaceful conditions. What do you think?

dgall

Asked by dgall at 6:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How can I get a copy of this?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses (so you can guess what I think :)
    I'm glad you enjoyed the tract. I hope it will give you some solid comfort and hope for your dear aunt. I'm sorry for your loss.
    ShyMo

Answer by ShyMo at 7:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I always accept the literature the JW's give me ( I also spent many moths studying with a very nice woman a few years ago), enjoy reading them and always look everything up to see if what they say is found in the Bible. I've NEVER seen anything that wasn't present in the Bible and think it all just comes down to differences in interpretation of the scripture. Regardless of what people think, JW's do not add or take away from the Bible and IMO, love to study it and live by it more so than many other Christian denominations do.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i think I would've tossed the tract in the recycle bin if I actually took it. Sometimes they just leave them on my door if I'm not at home. I am glad you found some comfort in it though. Sorry for your loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I believe in ressurections too :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Why would is surprise you that their tract gave accurate scriptures from the Bible? JW's ARE Christians you know!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have read the majority of their tracts, as my mother and grandmother are JW. I have never understood why so many people are surprised by this kind of thing. JWs are very strict bible believing Christians... They tend to know their bible better than most. Now, as a non-Christian, it's hard for me to understand why anyone would choose to be Christian, but as someone who has been educated on JWs and other sects of Christianity, I also don't understand why anyone would be Christian, and not JW... SO far they are the only Christian religion I have found which doesn't add or delete sections of the bible...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have read alot of them and they are good to read
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• "How can I get a copy of this?"

tootoobusy, any one of Jehovah's Witnesses would be able to get a copy of this tract for you.
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses also. And honestly it gives me (us) great joy to be able to bring comfort to those who mourn the loss of loved ones. It's something all of us have experienced at some point in time, or many times. And it is the most satisfying feeling to help someone cope with their loss. I will include in my prayers the request that you be able to get a copy of this tract.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 1:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's so comforting to know what the bible really says about things such as death that really just can kill us inside..Losing one is one of the hardest things that we all have to go through. God is most loving and shares with us all his purposes and his promises yet to come. Death being done away with ..and the resurrection. Anyways I'm babbling on lol.. I hope that your able to maybe get to talk with them again..Or did they leave that in the door? Next thing you may enjoy is the book "what does the bible really teach?" That takes you to your bible and goes over much more of Gods promises yet to come..They'd give you one, or you could have one mailed to you. free of charge. Check the web site at www.watchtower.org

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010