Are you planning your Thanksgiving dinner yet?

I'm not totally planning it but thinking ahead of groceries I will have to buy. What are you having for Thanksgiving? So far I have: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. Anyone making anything different this year?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 6:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• i already made sure to buy my pumpkin pie mix! last year there was a horrible shortage from too much rain ruining pumpkins so I made sure to stock up, just in case!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I normally don't have to cook Thanksgiving. All I have to do is Make Pecan Pies... We normally go to friends & family homes. But this year I think its going to be too hard. I really thinking about just getting take out & calling it a day....

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The way things are going Tday may be a turkey sandwich!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I think My hubby & I are skipping thanksgiving this year. I think we much rather not go through the trouble of it this year....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wow, I'm glad to see you both feel like I do. I've been dreading it but still have to come up with a menu that works. I would be happy ordering pizzas and watching football. Too bad I can't get everyone else to go along with it. I don't mind fixing a turkey for leftovers for sandwiches as long as don't have to do a big huge meal.
    SophiaofLight

Comment by SophiaofLight (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Let everybody help. My sister and I do it. My mom did it for years, it is her time now to sit and relax. My husbands loves to cook and so do I so he is a great help. He will also carve the turkey which some men do not know how to even do it. They do not want to learn because then they would have to help. For instance like brother in law. We will have it down by my sisters house. They all live in N.J.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010