i need help

ok ladies i babysit 2 kids from 9 am to supose to be 5 some times she dont get home to 6 or even 8,9 or 10 i get 140.00 a week 4rm her and i dont think that is enoughf when i stay over time 4 her be4 i started watchen her kids she told my she would pay over time and now she domt even bring that up one of her kids is in school what would u do would u tell her u needed more money 4 overtime and if so how would u tell her i cant loose this money but i work to long 4 little pay i have a lot of stuff that i have to pay so i dont go to jail and i am trien to save 4 a car my hubby is doing all that he can please help sorry its so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• just straight up tell her. othewise, you should not stay there until late. dont let her take advantage of you like that! she will continue to if you do not speak up. be firm, but dont be rude :) good luck!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 3:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• after 5 I would charge her $20 extra an hour,, tthat will make her come to pick her kids up on time

Answer by louise2 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Tell her you can do one of two things...charge her an hourly rate or increase your flat fee to $XXXX per week.

Be ready to go looking for a new client.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Your time is valuable. I agree with the 2 options -- begin hourly rate or increase your flat rate. If she doesn't respect you enough to work this out, you need to find someone who does. There needs to be mutual respect between the employer and employee for the relationship to work out well for everyone involved.
    UcanBhome2

Answer by UcanBhome2 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008