To microwave or to not microwave?

Do you use the microwave to cook/reheat yours and your families meals? What's your opinion about it causing cancer and everything else?

I am on the fence.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use the microwave to reheat foods. Every year some study somewhere says that whatever it is is going to cause cancer. The truth is that if they knew exactly what caused cancer, there would be a cure. I'm sure microwaves are safe.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use it for re-heating stuff and for steaming veggies. I haven't seen anything suggesting that cooking with microwave ovens is dangerous. They've been in use for about 40 years now - no cancer spikes have been attributed to them.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use it more than my stove or oven. I've looked around online for discussion on dangers and have not found anything that makes me feel that micro-cooking makes food less nutritious or that it is a health danger.

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have 3 kids and all of them are in activities that don't get us home till after 4 or 5pm. The microwave is my friend! If I can grow up fine with a microwave in the house then my kids willbe just fine.
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 7:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• DH and I just talked about how we rarely use it anymore. We do use it but not as much as we used to.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 7:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use it when I need to.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We use it to reheat things. Most cooking here is done on the cooktop, oven, or slow cooker.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use it every day.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 8:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I try my hardest NOT to use a microwave but it does come in handy at times. I don't know about it causing cancer but I don't think it's the healthiest way to heat food. I mean it moves around the molecules in your food to heat it up so it most likely causes your foods to loose vital nutrients. I could be wrong about that though.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010