Do you THINK this should be a christian only nation?(as it is NOT one right now)

Why or why not? and if yes, what do you think all the non christian citizens should do-convert, leave the country, assimilate, just deal with it, shut up and stop whining about it? Is that what our founding fathers would want for our country?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• no we should not make this a christian only country. this country is based on freedom of religion or was anyways and making it a christian only country just look at how life would be like the "non-christians" would rise up and start riots and other things. I think people should have a choice in what they believe...honestly i think religion all together is going no where fast lately
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, I believe in freedom of religion. I like diversity.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No. As individuals, everyone should have the freedom to choose the path that's right for them.

I couldn't imagine Christians all agreeing on one set of beliefs/practices.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am a christian and as a christian i believe that you have to be saved to go to heaven and if everyone were a christian and saved i would LOVE that. To me that is all a christian is, a follower of christ to bring people to christ so they too may be saved and go to heaven...HOWEVER...lol i know thats not realistic and i dont want to push MY religion on to someone else but only make them aware of christianity/heaven.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Heck no...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You can't force someone to feel or believe something their heart tells them is wrong. I bet even in those Countries that do have national religions, there are a lot of people who are just pretending.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• – collapse
    Our nation was founded on Christian principles and beliefs. I don't believe that everyone should be forced to be a Christian, but American IS a Christian nation (if you read all of the supporting documents written by the founding fathers, rather than just point to "separation of church and state" which most people don't truly understand anyway, you will find that they did in fact base America on Christianity)

Answer by missanc at 8:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• No, that would go against the constitution and everything else this country was founded on.

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 8:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, but it would amuse me if it weren't so damn terrifying how those who do want a "Christian nation" are basically demanding the exact same thing they whine about in countries that have a national religion that just happens to be something that isn't Christianity. They say they want to protect us from sharia law...by forcing everyone to live under biblical law.

eye rolling

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• More than 3/4 of the U.S. population is Christian.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 8:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2010