when taking a hpt... (i'm putting this here cuz maybe some of you already preg moms know)

does it matter which way you do it...is one way more effective than the other? i know that seems kinda stupid to ask because they don't pee on the stick for you in the doctors office..but as i was reading the directions they seemed pretty strong with all the directions..."pee on the stick, holding downwards..for only 5 second" "make sure its only 5 seconds"...then it said if you prefer you can use a clean cup for 20 secs..but they didnt seem as firm with those directions... i was just wondering if you pee on the stick does the urine stream shooting at it make that blue line appear faster? Or could drowning the stick in your urine cup mess up the test?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• pee in the cup....anytime I have ever tried to pee on the stick, I always miss it or I dont have enough pee to last 5 lousy secs...lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Although I normally do pee on the stick, it is messy and I have messed up to where I had to use a new one. I would just pee in a cup and hold it in there for about the same time. You pee in a cup at the doctors and I would trust it better. I also never wait for first morning urine either. I am impatient and need to know right away and will all my pregnancies I always did it before going to bed and they all came up positive right away. I have always figured if I am it will show up no matter when or how I do it.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Pee in a cup. It's easy and you will not pee on your hand lol.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 9:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Do it in a plastic cup it makes it easier.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010