Why would he leave at 4:30 a.m.?

He has a tri-weekly appt at 7am at a location 1 hour away. He usually leaves at 5am-ish. Today he left at 4:30. I of course woke up and called him to ask where the hell he was. He says on his way to the appt.
2 and 1/2 hours early? Really? I got ticked and hung up. Anyone smell b.s.? or is it simply too early for me to be diplomatic about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• let me see if i have this right
    he usually leaves on these days at 5, but left 30 minutes before 5
    can not do much in 30 minutes??

you hung up on him, and HE called you back?

CAN I PLEASE HAVE THIS ANON's PROBLEM
    PRETTY PLEASE

i will trade the things my "man" is doing for any man that calls me back after i hang up on him

so in answer to your question....NO, i would not be worried, i would not have hung up, if i did and he called back..I WOULD COUNT MY LUCKY STARS
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• maybe he wanted to stop and get some coffe and breakfast 1st or something
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Did he need to stop and get gas or something to eat first? Has he been late before because of traffic tie-ups? I wouldn't be quick to assume anything, unless he has given you reason to distrust him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If it's out of his normal behavior and is defensive when asked then yes I would be thinking the worst.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He got gas yesterday. He made coffee here. The place doesn't open till 7am and he sure the heck doesn't like to sit in parking lots to read. So yeah I'm a bit suspicious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• "Everything is a competition for men" ....not saying that this is the case with your husband. My dh tells me the other day that one of his coworkers beat him at getting in first in the morning so now dh leaves 20 minutes earlier. LOL
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 8:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• the minute you start suspecting him or lose your trust and faith in him, the minute your relationship/marriage, is pretty much over. If you have no trust for him, then you don't have anything. He may have something he needs to do before the appointment. Maybe he was hungry and wanted to get a bite to eat. Maybe he was going to do a little shopping before hand, maybe something for you....Don't be so quick to call and accuse him of something he is probably not doing.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I would not be worried at all if my DH did that. I would assume he was expecting a lot of traffic, that maybe he wanted to stop and get something to eat, or he wanted a few minutes to just chill before he went in to his appointment. I think unless you have a reason to distrust him, it is the early morning grumpiness getting to you : )
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm pretty darn grumpy right now, that's for sure. I don't have to get up till 6:30 but here I am awake because my husband left the bed so early. When I called him he said he was "experimenting with ways to get there". I don't understand how it'll take 2 1/2 hours to get there but whatever. And I can't get back to sleep so I'm extra mad. I hung up on him and he called back but I'm in no mood to talk. I'm tired!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Maybe he really is trying to find a new way to get there. You said he usually leaves at 5, so he is only leaving 1/2 hour early. Has he given you reason not to trust him? Maybe you need to seriously think about that, and sit down and talk to him.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2010