Anyone have ovarian cysts or fibroids?

I had an ultrasound yesterday, don't know the results yet but I do know that something is going to show up. Anyway, just curious if anyone has suffered from either of these, what kind of pain did you have and how were they treated. Thanks:)

shanlaree

Asked by shanlaree at 8:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• I have had the ovarian cysts. I actually had no pain, just really heavy bleeding during menstral. When I went in for my pap, they did the pelvic exam and when the Dr. pushed down, it hurt so bad that I cried and screamed. She told me right away it was cysts. Cysts will sometimes disappear on their own, but she placed me on birth control pills, which help a cysts go away. Sometimes they can rupture, which causes even more pain. I got pregnant with twins not long after I had been placed on the pills so my cysts did not go away. After the birth of the twins, my cysts ruptured, sending me into a fetal position because it hurt so bad. They did a DNC, which cleaned out my uterus and allowed the tissue from the cysts to also be cleaned out. I have had no problems since, but they can come back. Fibroids on the other hand, I have heard are harder to get rid of, and sometimes requires surgery. Good luck and keep us posted.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have recently been diagnosed with ovarian cysts, they found it through an ultrasound, I am having surgery Nov 1st to have it removed and they will also remove my right ovary, but I am 61 years old and have no use for the ovaries any more. Mine does not seem to be a malignant one they do a color ultrasound because malignant ones have a red color to them since there is a lot of blood flow through them mine didn't though. I had to options, one was follow up with ultrasounds every two to three months, or surgery, I opted for surgery because I do not want to have to go through this every few months and wonder if it has grown or have gotten more. I had no symptoms, but they can make you feel pressure, or cramping pain, and sometimes they can twist your ovry and that they say is really painful.

Answer by older at 8:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have fibroids and endometriosis. I am not sure which one causes the pain, but before I had my baby I would get really horrible stomach cramps after going to the bathroom, sex, an orgasm. When I had my period, it hurt to use tampons. I was told to have a baby while I still could. The doctor was able to scrape out the endometriosis, but not the fibrios because of their location in my uteris. I didn't have any pain my entire pregnancy. About six months after my son was born I started having the cramps after I go to the bathroom again. They can last for about thirty minutes. If it is endometriosis, it won't show up in your ultrasound. Endometriosis can only be seen with a laproscope.
    My mom gets ovarian cycts. She says it feels like someone is stabbing her in the side. They usually rupture and go away on their own.
    Best wishes to you!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had fibroids. I didn't have any pain but I was slowly bleeding to death until I had a hysterectomy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had cysts but mine ruptured... it hurts and they told me I wouldn't be able to get pregnant... I have a 15 month son
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had cysts 4 times. Both times I took Clomid (sp- fertility treatment - I did 2 sessions) I ended up w/ 2 ovarian cysts that ruptured. The only way I knew something was wrong was cause I had severe pain in my lower stomach, a high temp w/ sweats & chills & ended up in the hospital both times. They did a CBC & found my white blood count was very high & then did a ultra sound & found the cysts saying they ruptured & the fluid from them caused an infection. So fertility did more harm than good. Still no kids!
    needadvise1816

Answer by needadvise1816 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Thank you for the indepth information ladies, I really appreciate it:)
    shanlaree

Comment by shanlaree (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2010