You just won the lottery.. what is the first thing you would do?

I'm not asking how you would spend it.. I am asking, after you found out, who would you tell first, how would you handle it? Would you go public? I have to know because I am going to win soon... LOL!

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 3:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would keep it to myself as long as possible. Just to revel in it. It's not not often that I get something for myself. Then I would tell my DH. It's probably his $5.00 that I bought the ticket with....lol
    I would then tell my Sons, my Mom, my In-Laws and then my best friend. I would then find a financial advisor. I wouldn't contact the LOTTO POLICE (Whatever those people are called) and I would absolutely take the cash amount. I won't take the payment option because the money would probably kept with the Social Security money I'll never see!...kind of a joke there but sadly not really!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• hire a hitman for the ex hubby. lol. I would not be able to contain myself. I would call 3 out of the 4 of the SIL and rub it into their face that I have money, they don't. And I will be damn if they got to see any of it in their pockets.
    mommawombat

Answer by mommawombat at 3:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• RUN! BEFORE ANYONE FINDS OUT! LOL! NO,THE LIST IS SO LONG I WOULD BE LOST AS TO WHAT WOULD DO FIRST. YA'LL WOULND'T HEAR ANYTHING FROM ME FOR A WHILE THOUGH!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 3:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would not tell anyone... I would not get a financial adviser or an accountant. I would put part in an high interest bank... and the rest in a regular bank account. I would opt to not have my face and name blaster all over the news and media. I would take the less amount just to keep it a secret. I feel the less your family, friends and complete strangers now about the money the better. It will only cause problems.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would try to keep it a secret. I wouldn't want people to treat me any different. I hate it when people are fake.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 3:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Serious.

I would of course tell my DH first, then i would immediately call my parents and send them on a really nice vacation. :))
    I would only tell people really close to me. Like is said, my DH, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents.

I wouldnt go public with it. I would be too afraid somebody would try to hurt my family to get the money.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Quit my job. I hate my job.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Pay off any debts then buy a bigger house. Then get the kids collage funds up as high as possible and set aside some for savings and buy a new car. That really it. Other than that I might get my mom a better house and car for her and the kids. And probaly pay to put her through rehab for 6 months and get her back fixed so she can work with out any major problems I would probaly help the inlaws pay off their house and My FILs tax debt. Other than that the rest would just go to savings and kids collage funds or whatever was needed
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Pay off all my bills and credit cards!! Then have fun with it after all that was taken care of.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Pee my pants...pass out.. need the money for the ambulance ride..then I think I would start all over again.
    Seriously
    Give to my church...then the kids college then stick the rest under my mattress cuz I sure as heck wouldnt invest it right now...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008