HOW CAN I GET MY 6 MONTH OLD SON TO STOP WAKING UP 2 TIMES A NIGHT???

KrayZKelly20

Asked by KrayZKelly20 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he wakes up because he is hungry, then you need to feed him a little more before you lay him down to bed.

its easier when you feed formula, you just make it a little thicker...
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Babies wake up at night. There's not much you can do about it.
    Anonymous

• My daughter who is 10m old still wakes up 1 maybe 2 times a night. thats what they do if you dont like it you shouldn't of had him.
    Everyone knows that babies wake up!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Every baby is different...Just remember "This too shall pass..." :) My 6 month old wakes at least once or twice a night. :)
    VegasLoveChild

Answer by VegasLoveChild at 4:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Please ignore the rude comments that people fell obligated to leave.

Yes it is normal for babies to wake up during the night but at 6 months it is more normal for them to sleep thruogh the night. Have you tried leaving a cd or music on? This will keep a consistant noise so any other noise out of the blue doent starttle him. Or when he does wake up give him time to put him self back to sleep, if he is still up after about 15 mins then go in there.

GL
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 4:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• it's typical for babies to go through a growth spurt around that age... is it possible that is what's going on with your little guy?

like a previous poster said, this too shall pass. try to keep that in mind momma. :)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It amazes me how people can be so cruel when they answer...

We use a humitfier in our 7 month olds room running partly because she is conjested due to the weather..i wish it would make up it's mind, and also we use wood heat. I found the constent noise soothes her more. She still wakes up a few times but I usually wait a minute or two before rushing in, she usually falls right back to sleep on her own so I don't even need to get out of bed. There have been a handful of times where she needed me to come in a sooth her, and that was when teething just got too painful.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 5:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• When he wakes up, does he scream, or does he just cry? Does he go back to sleep soon after waking? Where is he sleeping? I use a fan in my son's room as a noise-maker. I am sorry to ask you so many reply questions, but the answers to them might help you figure out a reason why he is waking up. Good luck momma! Take heart and don't let those who feel the need to post hurtful things get you down. It's like I say: "If you let ignorant people get you down, you may never get back up." Take care!
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Im just going to respond to the anonymous user that wrote that rude non sense. Im a mom and in the military....if i can get my baby to sleep through the night then thats what im going to do. You have no right to tell me that i shouldnt have had him and its people like you that make people afraid to ask questions. Get a grip on reality lady. And real nice on the anonymous crap.
    KrayZKelly20

Answer by KrayZKelly20 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008