Looking for your opnion....

I am thinking about getting a Swiffer but wanted to see what other mom's thought about them. I have a toddler and 2 dogs how well does it do on the floor. Will it pick up the dog hair? What are your thoughts on the product?

sagesmom724

Asked by sagesmom724 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love mine...we have a cat ant the dry swiffer picks up all the hair....The thing I like most about it is the smell.....It is a nice, clean refreshing smell....I would definitely recommend getting one!
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 8:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had one and really wasn't that impressed with it. I got a nice sponge mop instead, did a lot better job.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't use the swiffer dry on my floor. It can't pick up cheerios or any dropped food and does great with the dust but not with the hair. I have 3 cats as well. Can I tell that my SO spent 20 bucks on a 4-in-1 broom type Dustbuster. It was so worth the money. It picks up everything and I mean everything.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wet or dry? I use the wet after I vacuum. It cleans pretty good. I don't like the dry because I feel like it just pushes the dirt around, and you go through too many trying to get the floor clean... I gave up, and use a vacuum first. We have 3 boys, and 3 furry family members, so I'm fighting fur bunnies everyday...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it's just OK. Vaccum's work much better on animal fur though. I like the mop that they have, i usually just put a wash rag on it & mop the floor with that instead of using the "wet wipes" that they have for wet mopping. I personally stopped using the dry ones. I find that a broom works much better on my floors.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I used to have a swiffer wet jet and I thought it was doing a good job, but after a while I noticed that it was leaving a film on my tile floors from the solution. when I used the dry pads for sweeping it only seemed to push the dirt around and didnt do a good job picking much up at all, I always had to use a broom first. I have a shark steam mop now and it is just as easy to use as the swiffer but it keeps my floors sooo much cleaner and it doesnt use chemicals.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i have ceramic tile and wood floors..the vacuum works much better..then i use a terrycloth-pad designed for wood floors that i rinse out a couple times before finishing..works much better than the Swiffer wet or dry.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love it you take the pads off and trash them instead of having a stinky mop around
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 11:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010