how long does it take to get pregnant after going off the depo shot?

ok i have a 17 month old dd and got on the depo shot 3 weeks after having her and then decided to get off it last year in nov when my shot was due.. the thing is i havent had a period since going off the shot and when i got pregnant with my dd i didnt have a period for over a year after i went off the pill...

tinkerbell42155

Asked by tinkerbell42155 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I used it for a year, and it took me a year to get pregnant, but I think eveyone is probably different.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I used it for a year and it took me less than 3 months to get pregnant.
    Good luck!
    smp0404

Answer by smp0404 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I used it for 6 years and it took me about a year and a half to get pregnant. But i also m/c.
    Anonymous

• The not having periods may be a bigger obstacle than the depo. I'd say talk to your doctor and let him/her know about the irregular periods. I miraculously became pregnant when I was having only a period or two a year. My periods didn't regulate after she was born, and I didn't get that lucky again. I had to use fertility drugs to stimulate ovulation to get pregnant again. I'd say don't wait a long time to bring this up with your doctor. It might be really simple for your doctor to help you out with this, and it may get worse instead of better as you get older.

Anonymous