What is the ideal punishment in your home?

Do you use time outs, spank, soap. Which have you found most affective?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 9:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• go to bed without tv
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• timeout. soap will be for when they're a teen and try to get a potty mouth lol.... hope that doesn't happen
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Right now the biggest issue is tantrums and she is sent to her room until she calms down. It only takes a few minutes and it keeps me from killing her (LOL). 2 is a rough age for parents. It is getting better with time.♠
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I talk things out with my daughter. I explain what the problem is and we think of a solution together.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Problem solving and conflict resolution techniques.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It depends on the child....My son is really not affected by a spanking or time out...he is materialistic...so taking away something of his is the best punishment...usually its his DS or a toy...my daughter is only 3 but she loves to be up and about so time outs work well for her.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• it depends on the "crime" lol. temper tantrums, one of them hitting their sibling and stuff like that are a straight way to the time out chair. engaging in dangerous behavior like jumping on the furniture, running in the street etc will result in a tap on the bottom.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Timeouts/No TV or Games
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my 10 yr old is loss of video games or a spanking. There is also early bedime especially if there is a game on tv. My 7yr old gets a timeout 10 minutes. Just a look or getting the wooden spoon out takes care of any problems. But i will use it on him if needed
    SueM48415

Answer by SueM48415 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• When mine were little, (till about the age of 5) I would put them in time out w/ their nose against the wall. One minute for each year in age.
    As they got older I took away their currency. In other words, things they value. And now I will also ground them, meaning I become NO mommy. Don't ask me for anything cause my answer will be NO! Never had to spank them and they are really well adjusted good kids today. These solutions may sound harsh........but I'm still a softy. Quite often they can negotiate their way out of punishment by doing extra stuff around the house ;-)
    MomsJrHaxs

Answer by MomsJrHaxs at 9:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2010