Called my daughter retarded???

My sister is 21, 17 months younger than me. She is VERY immature. Always has been. She spends all her money on clothes and alcohol and is taking out a loan from the bank to go to Italy!!! She never calls anyone in the family unless she needs something. If you try to call, her, she ignores you. She works less than a mile from my house, but NEVER comes to see me or my 8 month old daughter, her first neice.

But if you talk to her or any of her friends, she is the best aunt ever, what a joke...

Well, I was talking to her 2 days ago and was telling her a cute story about something my daughter did, we were shopping and she reached her little arm out of the cart when she saw a toy she wanted and just grabbed it off the shelf, lol.

isra1986

Asked by isra1986 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im a firm believer of taking responsibility for your actions and stuff like that is not ok to just let go... but she is immature as you said and probably didnt mean it in the sense of what it means. people mature differently some faster than others... for instance im 20 years old have been married since i graduated high school and have a one year old and a child due any day... where as my sister is in high school and still buys brats dolls... its frustrating but its something we have to deal with...
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well, my sister responded to the story by saying "Oh my God, sister, she is so retarded!"

Well, I got mad. Why would she call my daughter retarded? I seriously am thinking about not letting her around my daughter at all anymore! How would you react to this situation?
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I would have looked at her and probably been like "Bitch, watch your mouth." or possible would have smacked her. Nobody calls ANY child retarded around me...even if they are handicapped in some way. You would be doing good to not let her around your little girl for a long time. Until she can grow up. No child no matter how old deserves to be called a name like that. It is terrible. Especially for grabbing a toy...that's what babies do. It's a damn good thing she doesn't have kids (I assume...if she does, god bless their souls....) But seriously, tell her until she either grows up or learns to watch her mouth, she can't come around.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 4:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'd cut her out of my life. You're too old to be putting up with her crap.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Consider the source. As you said, she is immature and self-centered. She probably didn't mean "retarded" in the "not mentally capable" sense in any case. She probably meant it in the slag sense of the word.
    I wouldn't cut of contact but I wouldn't encourage it too much either. She'll wake up one day - or not.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Some kids these days use that term loosely.. Like she is so silly.. are you sure she wasn't doing that? I would just tell her you took offense and leave it at that.. chalk it up to her age.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• pupmom, I have been "chalking it up" to her age my whole life!!! She is less than 2 years younger than me!
    When I was her age, I had been with my husband 3 years and married 2, and expecting my first child!!!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• idk a lot of people use the word retarded not how it's supposed to be meant.
    Anonymous

• punch her in the throat..
    :)
    oh wait um I mean "violence doesnt solve nething:
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2008