What can I do on the weekends to better prepare me for the future?

I am trying to find a job. Any job. But my best option seems like a live in nanny position. Which would most likely leave me free on weekends. So what can I do on the weekends or maybe even during the week if from home that will prepare me for after this job. Hopefully it would be long term. But you never really know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Believe it or not, READ...Jim Rohn is a great author to start with. He is easy, humorous, and to the point. He also has CD's and they aren't expensive. Jack Canfield is another author that is really good. They even give tips on finding jobs.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Have you thought of a Home based business? I have one with a 39 year old company, whose stock is rising like crazy and about to hit the national news, which means we will face an explosion.

Its called Prepaid Legal Services. I work about 20 hours a week, and its completely on my schedule. I make a FT income from home and until the midday end of the month tomorrow (9/30) Im offering up assistance in getting started.
    If you'd like more info give me a buzz
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Plan a budget and set aside funds. Do not live up to and above your means. Always live below. And learn to save. This is very important for your children to learn too.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am an Independent Distributor for The Gourmet Cupboard and it's an at home business that is totally free to get started. Let me know if you'd like more info.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Is it possible for you to go back to school and earn a degree? I know one of the universites around here offers Saturday only classes.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have my own business w/ gold canyon candles. Most of my work is done on the weekends when my husband is home w/ our children. Let me know if you would like more info.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree with the other posters that said starting your own business is a good idea. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 3:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010