I miss my son now that he is in school.

I get home from work at 5:30, I have to cook dinner, clean up after, do everything else that has to get done and that leaves me with very little time with my son before he has to start getting ready for bed. DH helps as much as possible, but I still only get an hour or so a day with my guy. I really do not like school.

jshimmy

Asked by jshimmy at 9:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like it's your job that takes up most of the time. I always worked after my son went to school and got off right before he got out of school. That way we barely missed any time from each other. If this is a big issue to you then perhaps a job where you get off earlier might be best.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm guessing that you work part time, and had time with him in the morning before? If you can, why not volunteer in the classroom once or twice a week. The younger kids tend to feel special when their moms come to the school, and the teachers can always use the help!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That is one reason we homeschool.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Alot of parents are in the same boat. When I was raising my 1st 3 all by myself I had no real one one with them except Saturday's. and now I look back and it is all a blur or just being constantly busy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think we all miss our children that it normal behaivor, we don't have the option of staying home, it is expensive
    now a days.

Make the best of every minute you have it is not the time, it is how you spend it... I have 4 children and work, and there is not enough time in the day, but when we spend time together as a family we enjoy it... :) That is what counts, that is what my kids will remember and I will always remember. Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• guess what mamas!
    i am a sahm, and i miss my guys too!
    they come home, grab a snack, do a round of flashcards and play outside till dark.
    luckily it will be getting darker sooner!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I miss my little fellow too when he is in school....but i'm a SAHM....and i will not go back to work till he is old enough were he does not want me around anymore....like teenager lol....i only would work part time if i was you, well of course if you can. in my eyes family is more important then money.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Is it school or is to work? What kind of work do you do? Can you change your hours? I know that's not an option for everyone based on the type of job and employer. Can you make meals ahead of time? Slow cooker? Meals that can be prepared on a weekend and just warmed up?

It's hard to find a balance. I can appreciate where you're coming from.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• :( (hugs) that's hard, just enjoy the time you do have with them as much as possible!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This is not good an hour a day. It seems that it is your job not school. Can you do anadjusting.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2010