Public Restrooms...

When you are in one and your child says or does something embarassing do you wait for everyone else to leave before you come out of your stall?

It has been "that time of the month" recently and yesterday my 3 year old said very loudly in the bathroom at the store, "*snicker* You're wearing a DIAPER mommy!" Me: "It's not a diaper baby. *snicker*" Daughter: "Then WHAT IS IT THEN mommy?" Me: *face palm*

Lol

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I walk out of the stall with pride and laughter. Almost any woman in that public restroom has been a mom and has probably gone through the same thing. We'll probably share a laugh or giggle between ourselves.

My daughter likes to say, "Mommy, why do you have hair on your front butt?" I really can't help but giggle.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would wait for everyone to leave. But I would be giggling also.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• lol! nah.... i'm assuming, being in the women's restroom, that the other people in there have worn one. lol.

anything other than that, i normally laugh it off. looking under the stalls? pretty embarrassing, but i still don't.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would leave and hope that I didn't know anyone in the bathroom...lol
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 9:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• lol nope i have no shame and don't embarrass easy. Why would i care what a bunch of stranger thought?
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They are all women. How funny. I would wait a little and then say what the heck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• that is too cute!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son told me in the stall, " Mom, you do not have a penis like me!" I laugh and come out of the stall. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No, but I don't go in the stall with my kids anymore (unless it's an emergency).  Last time my 4yo said very loudly, "Owen has a weiner like Daddy, but I don't because I'm a girl."

I could hear the other women in the bathroom snickering.  I just shook my head.  She thinks saying weiner is funny.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• LOL...that is funny!!! NO i wouldn't wait...its a female bathroom, we all know what the deal is this time of the month!!
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010