Would you cheat on a diet if no would find out?

My son is on an all liquid diet for the next 6 weeks. My Husband is doing it also. I told my son I wouldn't eat anything in front of him. He thinks that's not fair that I will eat while he isn't around. Would you do it for your child? If so how far would you go? Everything has to be smooth. Not even just soft.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is a commitment you made to your son, I think you should stick to it. If it is too much for you to stick with how can you expect a 6 year old to. Why is he on a liquid diet. Sticking to it will help you empathize with him.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The all liquid diet is their thing. Why should you suffer?
    MomsJrHaxs

Answer by MomsJrHaxs at 9:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• you will know, If you promised stick to it
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Is it a weight loss diet? Do you all need to lose weight? How old is your son?

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would stick with the same diet as my child, if it meant they wouldn't stray from theirs.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• First of all, I would never allow my child or husband to go on an all liquid diet. They're HORRID for your body as you're losing out on a lot of nutrician. Ontop of that, I would never do it myself even if other members of the family were.

A diet is for YOU, not anyone else. If you cheat on it then that's something you have to deal with, not them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it depends on the reason for the liquid diet. If it is something the doctor has ordered because of an illness, I'd try to do it with him and make it a family adventure, seeing what new foods we could find, etc. If it's for some other reason, well I'd have a hard time supporting a 6-year-old on any kind of "diet."
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Sorry my son is 15 nd has a broken Jaw. Not for weight loss or just for fun. The diet is for 6 weeks.
    martinmommy26

Comment by martinmommy26 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I dont know that I woulld really call it a diet. It is something necessary for his nutrition and I know it sucks I have had a broken jaw and have had to do this but if you told him you wouldn't eat anything in front of him you should stick to that. If you eat when he is not around that isnt cheating or going back on your word
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• HaHa... I am right now!
    mamakat13

Answer by mamakat13 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010