If there is a strong pain in the right side of my 8 yr old and he's throwing up...should I presume appendicitus or can viruses have this pain as well?

sallysells

Asked by sallysells at 9:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Take him to the doctor
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Take him to the Dr. NOW!!! Do not take any chances. Get off the computer and into the car. GO!!!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:33 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It can be a virus as well, but you never want to guess when it comes to pain. Take him to his doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ER...don't assume anything. This happend to my dh a few years ago..odd pain in his lower ab, vomitting, he was feeling dizzy, i took him into the ER and by the time we got there his testicles were swelling...some how one got twisted. He had to have emergency surgery. The doctor said if we had waited any longer he wouldnt have been able to save his testicle. You never know what it could be so you better go..especially if you child is experiencing pain
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I would take him to the ER... sounds serious... GL! Let us know what happened and that he is ok!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Take him to the Er.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:32 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I hope you took him to the Dr, could be serious
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• that appendicitis scares me...how do you know for sure? i think i would go to the dr.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i would talk to the dr... it could be something or nothing... a pulled muscle from throwing up or coughing... or something worse...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ER LADY JANE, SOUNDS LIKE APPENDIX TO ME
    tjnorton

Answer by tjnorton at 1:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2010