Ladies could use some help on this for my Son

My Son's Future Mother in-law seams to be going out of her way to wreck her Daughters & My Son;s Relationship & make sure the wedding never happens, My Son and his Fiancee Just had a baby 4 wk ago, they have wedding all set for July 2011 For over a year she would not allow the kids to live with her yet as soon as the baby was born rite from the hospital they moved in with her. Then she takes her daughter and my Grand Daughter out to Lunch with My future Daughter in law's ex boyfriend, When my son became upset and not liking that , She told my son to grow up That the guy is a ex & her daughter has a rite to see her ex if she wants , And if he does not like it he is going to end up alone paying child support and only seeing his daughter on weekends. I think this Woman is crazy! How would her daughter like if My son & I had lunch with his ex Girlfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow, I understand having them move in when the baby was born. Prior it was just two living together. Then it was a baby that needed to have a home. Your son needs to get it together and provide a home for his family. The girl should know better than going out to lunch with her ex and she had no business taking their baby. Are these teenagers?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Hire Dexter :-)... I need to think about this and I will get back to you. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh boy. This is tricky. She's a mega B!!! IDK! Offer to let them live with you? Why does she not want them to get married? Is this gal falling for her mom's BS? Why aren't they living on their own?
    You have to be very careful of what you do and say because it can backfire, and just help HER mother and what she's trying to do.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• what does the son and daughter think of her ways?
    can they live with you?
    can they live on their own?

and who is DEXTER???
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Are these 2 still teenagers? Is you son good to her daughter? Does he provide for them or is he in college? It seems like she likes the ex better for some reason, I don't know how to respond to this because I don't know the whole story.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think your son needs to step up to the plate and take his family out of their house.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• wow that woman is a crazy bitch. did your future DIL know that the ex was coming? why is the MIL maintaining a relationship with the ex? those are just the beginning of the questions. they need to get out of that house and quick if they are going to be able to have a good relationship and family life
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• HI All They were living me & bam when the baby was born her mom all of sudden wanted them to move in after saying no for over a year my son is 21 she is 20 in Nov My son is working two Jobs trying to get them a House saving every penny she refuses to go back to work for her Mom said she should not have to . Sadly he left Collage so she could work that second job when she left her job, She was in Collage but recently stopped for unemployment refused to keep paying her if she did not make herself 100% available to work And she just started separating their money her mom told her money is hers she should not have to pay bills that is a mans job,

Her mom has been married 3x's has 3 kids 3 different dads she had My future daughter in-law at age 15 and never saw that guy again, I feel her mom just wanted another baby in the house, & my son is going to be hurt really bad
    SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 10:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You should tell ur daughter-in-law that maybe she shouldn't be listening to advice to someone who's been married to three diff guys. Yeah that woman is trouble. But why is the daughter-in-law taking lunches with an ex-bf? They just need to get away from the daughter-in-law's family. They can apply for Section 8 Housing or HUD and it would only take a portion of their income for the housing. Or they can just get a cheap place. Words for thought: If the other grandmother is working so hard on keeping them apart and the daughter-in-law is taking lunches with an ex is it really a good fit for marriage? i'm just saying I wouldn't give up everything just in case it doesn't work out. A marriage is a partnership and if your son is doing all the work and paying all the bills and his gf is just doing what her mom tells her well it just seems doomed unless they make big changes.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Dexter is a serial killer who only kills the bad guys who get away. It is a great series which originated on Showtime. My suggestion is to keep documenting everything and contact a lawyer to find out his rights. I believe if they share 50/50 custody then there won't be child support. This woman and her daughter scare me and I wonder if it is better that he finds a woman who will apprecite, love him and support all he has done. Otherwise I agree with the other posters I think they need to find their own place if in fact she can become part of a team. I am afraid if your son stays with her he could have an even worse journey than what he has already experienced. The best predictor of the future is the past. Good luck !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010