Anyone else having this "Problem"...Will it go away?

Good Morning!
Ok so here goes. I'm 36 and I have more acne now than I did when I was a teenager!!! I hate it so much and am very embarassed by it. The thing that bothers me is that they aren't what I would call "typical" acne or pimples. They are almost cystic or welt like (anyone know what I'm talking about?), and are along my jaw line, hair line, chest and back. I also get them right on my cheekbones which really bother me and are hard to cover up. I don't use foundation/concealer but rather a powder, blush, lipgloss and eye makeup. I'm finding that washing my face everynight isnt helping (I've even done ProActive). So I'm hoping to find some ideas here before I see a Dermatologist. Thanks in advance!

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would go to an endocrinologist to test the levels of your hormone levels....I had the same issue and found out I had PCOS and now with medication it is gettin better.
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 9:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• its probably hormonal. ^
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had the same problem, the ONLY thing that worked for me was 2 rounds of Accutane. It was worth the dry lips and skin - I never has another bad break out again. GL! I feel your pain!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am 31 and have more pimple now than ever in my life. I never had one on my back until last year. I've had ywo kids and a hysterectomy. I know mine is hormonal, but I haven't found a way to fix it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:53 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Could be hormones (most likely), your diet, or a combo of hormones & diet. Do you eat/drink a lot of sugar? Do you eat a lot of highly processed foods and/or fast food? What you put into your body can have a big effect on your skin.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• As you age and go through pre-menapause you will start to see more acne again. I suggest trying to wash your face in Noxema morning and night and see if this helps. Pro-active is a good product but if its not working maybe you are allergic to it.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Hormones wreck havoc on your skin.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Proactive didn't work for me either. I use the Timewise Miracle Set for oily skin now and Acne Treatment Gel if I have a flare up. I used to use Blemish Control Toner, but don't need it anymore now that I'm older. For your chest and back, you might want to try the Timewise Cleansing Bar, which has all the benefits of the Timewise cleaner, but in a bar form.

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I just saw on Dr. OZ that women in their 30's & 40's get acne more because of stress & hormones changing. Keep your skin clean, use good quality products including toner & stay away from oily products & give it some time. GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yup, hormones. Time to get those levels tested.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2010