I don't believe people should have children if they're going to stick them in daycare after they're born. Grrrrrrr.

That makes me mad. I'm a SAHM now, but I wasn't always. We needed both incomes to make ends meet, so that means I shouldn't have had my kids? And what about the doctors, teachers, waiters, tech support, etc......they don't deserve to have kids cause they work? Can you image how many less teachers, nurses and more professions we would have in this world if they felt like they couldn't have kids and a career. Hey kids cost money and not everyone's husband makes enough to pay all the bills! Plus, some people just want to work and contribute to society, not a bad thing! So what do you think?

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 10:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• i think people (usually women) who say that are not aware that life happens differently for people outside of their own selfish little 'me' bubble. i think they are insecure about their own ability to handle inconvenience/not-perfect situation/etc, frankly.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think judgemental asshats shouldn't breed....:P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have two little girls and one on the way.. but I have to work to give them a home, food, toys, clothes, etc.. I think daycare is an excellent experience for children--they learn a lot and they make friends! My 5 year old is in school from 8-330 and my 3 year old old goes from 8-11 and then to daycare until I get home from work at 330. After that, we spend all night together. Just because some people aren't fortunate enough to stay home with their children all the time, doesn't mean they shouldn't have them.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have kids and a job so , no I don't agree with that. Just because you put your children in daycare doesn't mean you don't love them or enjoy them.
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i think peanutsmommy said it all
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think that everyone is entitled to an opinion.  What works for one family may not work for another. 

Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly? I think if you *can* stay home, great! It's best for the child in my opinion. However, not all moms (or dads) can do that. It's tough to live sometimes without two incomes, although it can be done. I'm struggling to get a business up and running and my husband works at a job he hates while looking for something that is closer in to home and / or better paying. We dont have a lot of extras and I'm fine with that. But even if I wanted to work outside the home, it wouldnt be feasible unless dh stayed home with our son. Each family has to decide what works best for them when it comes to staying home or both parents working.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm old fashion I guess but I believe that a man should take care of the financial issues and the womans place is taking care of the children and the home. I have nothing against women working thats just what works for our family.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree with you. It's a stupid statement to make. DH and I both work full time... he works as a teacher in a private school... his pay is pathetic... there is no way he could support our family on his income alone. I work as an RN and we need my income to live. My son has gone to daycare since he was 12 weeks... however, we have made some sacrifice's in our family so that he goes only apart time... I work evening shifts and DH works days... so that our son only has to go to daycare a couple hours with the overlap of our schedules.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm 49, when I chose to stay home with my kids, I was pretty much treated like I was a traitor to the women's movement. Everyone I knew worked, and I was "lazy' for staying home.

I really think it's sad that we fight each other this way. As women we should be here to support each other. I think that fighting for "women's rights" means that we fight to have choices and options, and we should each be able to make the right choice for our family.

Women need to work together to support each other, not tear each other apart!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010