had baby 5 months ago but still look about 4 months pregnant. is this normal, and when does it go away?

my first i didn't have this problem but now i cant loose it. its all in my stomach and i've dieted, even took diet pills and it wont go down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Welcome to Motherhood! Did you think all those women were kidding when they talk about having a hard time getting their pre-pregnancy bodies back? lol You have to excersize to tighten up those muscles again. It comes easier for some women. It depends on your age and how good of shape you were in before pregnancy.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i've always been small framed and never overweight. i weigh 145 and am 5 2" and was told thats overweight. . this is after i had my second baby
    Anonymous

• Diet Pills are not the answer. You probably need to eat more frequently during the day, drink more water, and stop "dieting". As a personal trainer and nutritionist, I see a lot of women not eating enough food, because they think that will solve their weight problems.

Think about seeing a nutritionist. Feel free to message me for help.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'm a sports nutritionist and personal trainer- drink LOTS of water is the first thing to do- about a gallon a day. There are thousands of exercises you can do to help you get back to where you were before baby- Congrats! We all know of the mommy marks we get and I assure you it's normal and you can actually be in better shape now than before the baby came!
    kikitty

Answer by kikitty at 7:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Give it time. Remember, your body was majorly stretched out of shape for 9 months. It wasn't stretched out in one day and it's not going to get back in shape in one day either. Be patient, talk to your Dr. about what exercise may help, and work on the areas that are really bothering you.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 8:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008