when you know leaving is only right choice, why so hard to leave

words to help me just do it
rip the bandaid off and stop procrastinating

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes a bad relationship becomes part of daily habit and we all know habits are hard to break, but remember a habit that leaves individuals unhappy is very unhealthy for all. You need to just do it you will eventually realize what happy real is sometimes one forgets what happy feels like i know first hand. Once you feel happy you will wonder why you stood in such a unhappy relationship for so long.
    deegee22

Answer by deegee22 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am going through the same thing Mama.... it is hard as hell and it hurts... but I just keep asking myself "do I want to be miserable forever?"
    I've stayed for 3 years and nothing has gotten better. If you need to talk you can message me... we can help eachother. GL and you can do it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My situation is a little different. My marriage has been rocky for the past two years. I finally got to a point 6 months ago and said to myself...My kids deserve better than this!! Well, three months ago, my husband came to me and told me he was gay. Whether you have kids or not...you have to what is best for you!! You deserve to be happy and you can't depend on someone else to make you happy. You just have to do it...that's all there is to it. I'm not in a dangerous situation, so I'm staying in our house until I have enough money saved to move, but if this wasn't the case...I would be getting out of this marriage anyway...it's starting to effect my kids and I don't want that.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Years ago I left a man who was absolutely horrible. I was miserable for at least two years but couldn't make myself go. My family pushed me to leave him but I wouldn't. I started losing friends. Finally one night he did something so bad I ran out the door and begged a neighbor to call the police. He went to jail and I moved in with a relative. He hounded me for months but I knew I couldn't go back. It was so nice to be in a place where I didn't have to deal with abuse and constant suspicion. Life really does go on and once you are not in a bad situation, you'll wonder how it took you so long to go. I promise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You deserve to be happy. The hardest step is filing for divorce and the time waiting to get divorced. As soon as you're officially divorced it's like a breath of fresh air and a load off your shoulders. It was super hard for me to agree to the divorce but I'm happier with myself and I enjoy spending time with my girls. Work thru or leave bad situations. Create a good environment for u and ur kids. It's not good for them to see you unhappy...
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010