At what age do boys usually start puberty?

I have a 9yo, and I know it is coming. I hope that it is not for SEVERAL years, but I have had people tell me it has happened as soon as 10. I am just curious at what age did your boys start?

AndriaE

Asked by AndriaE at 10:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Dr told me as early as 5th grade in some cases. My middle schoolers are very into girls.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my son is 9. he is always asking about puberty. like "when does puberty start? what is puberty? i think i am going through puberty now." he is starting to talk about girls. he said to me one day, something about girls wearing little bikini's bc they "are supposed to" show their body a lot. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! idk where he picked that up! he suddenly wants deodorant, and his hair "done".....

i don't think he is going through puberty - but it sure is on his mind!
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Mine is turning 14 in 11 days and we have noticed voice changes and peach fuzz on his face over the last year. So I am a guessing we are hitting hear it about now! He is also sleeping more and seems to be always hungry! LOL Enjoy them when they are little!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• When my son was 10 going on 11 is when I first noticed my son starting, he was getting a deeper voice and taller then all the other kids. In fact his friends were over playing ball and I asked him what grade they were in. They were so short. Here they were his age. I was shocked! My son is 12 and he is still one of the few that is in FULL puberty transition. He has acne, deep voice, hair growth, BO, taller then most all the other kids etc.... So it depends on your sons. Also it also depends on the parents. For example I was the first in my grade to go through puberty so it is no suprise that my son is one of the first as well.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yeah... it seems the average age is 10. Sorry:-(
    shellakers

Answer by shellakers at 12:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2010