37.3 weeks pregnant-no movement from baby...

My little guy is usually VERY active most of the day and night... but I haven't felt him move since 10pm lastnight---- It is 9:22am right now... I've tried drinking juice, coke, eating ice, laying on my left side, and taking a hot shower still with no movement! I'm starting to get worried now because this is really not typical at all for him. Any other suggestions? If I don't feel movement within the next few hours I'll call my Dr., but I don't want to be the mom that freaks out over every little thing... I'm also having alot of cramps and feel as if something is really pulling on my right side near ovary... I can hardly walk right now as I feel alot of pressure "down there" also. And I've been having contractions for about a week now....
This is my second child if that matters...

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 10:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• get OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO TO THE HOSPITAL
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If you are very worried go call the doc and go into the hospital they will check you out and hopefully everything will be fine. When I was pregnant with my daughters right around 38 weeks their movement had slowed a lot....good luck hon
    WranglerMommy

Answer by WranglerMommy at 10:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• normal to slow at this time
    but not for this long
    and not with the cramping on top of lack of movement
    GO TO ER
    drive safe
    prayers
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• GO TO THE ER!!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Don't worry about being that mom that freaks out. BE that mom....there is nothing wrong with that. Call you doctor and go to the hospital. If there is nothing wrong, then no problem, you won't have to worry about it. If there is, perhaps they can help you. Either way, it's the right decision.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You know....my son did that for a couple days at 41 weeks, slowed down alot, still kicked here and there but not nearly as often as he did. I blew it off as I read it was "normal" to slow down, etc. and I didn't want to overreact. I was having contractions but they didn't hurt at all so I wasn't sure what they were.
    Turns out, he had almost NO fluid in there. When I went in a couple days later for scheduled non stress test, they had to take him by C section 2 hours after I got to the hospital.
    I WISH I had listened to myself. Doctors are used to it....mine told me once when I demanded to be seen and then apologized when nothing was wrong "Good. There would be something wrong with you if you DIDN'T worry. You are a Mom."
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• :Personally I would of already been at the hospital, so I would advise you to go also. I dont care of I am that mom that freaks out about everything I would rather be safe then sorry
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Uh, if you tried al those attempts and still not a single twinge, get your butt in now.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'd go to hte dr . ASAP!! You could be going into labor & he's ready to be born.
    pinkflowerpetal

Answer by pinkflowerpetal at 2:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Get to the doctor, it is better to be safe than sorry.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 5:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010