Why is dating such a hard thing?

I know I'm young still, only 18, but I haven't dated anyone for 5 years (since I got pregnant). I'm now a college student and I'm so terrified of talking to anyone, especially guys. I know it's gonna be more difficult considering I have a child, but I need some tips. And I won't be the type of mom to bring men in and out of my child's life. I would have to be in a relationship for a long time before my child would formally meet him as my "boyfriend."

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Girl, you've got your head on straight! Good for you! *snap* Just remember there are a lot of dick wads out there. I know, because I dated half of them. LOL Dating is for the purpose finding out that they are/are not a good fit. If you realize early on that someone is not a good fit, don't try to change them, or make it work because you are worried you won't meet anyone else. Just move on. You will meet the right one and you will know!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree with JawgaMom1; you've really got your head on straight.

If someone ever seems interested, tell them straight up that you have a child. That will be the first tell that they're not worth it. If you find one who doesn't get scared off, dating them may be okay. If you want to introduce the guys you date to your child, I would wait until it's VERY serious (like getting married serious) so that you don't confuse the poor child if it doesn't work out with him.

Take it easy and make baby steps.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:35 AM on Sep. 29, 2010