cold sore?

My SO found out he has genital herpes.... I think I found a bump on the side of my mlip... can you get genital herpes in your mouth? I was touching my lip and now I'm scared I touched my eye and I'm going to go blind... Please no bashing I am trying to do research on it and I don't know what to believe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• Unfortunately, I think you CAN get genital herpes in your mouth, but I don't think there's too much of a risk of you going blind just by touching your eye, so don't freak out.

If you're really concerned, go see your doctor and he'll probably prescribe Valtrex. My sister gets cold sores all the time and her doctor prescribed Valtrex, so now when she feels a cold sore coming on, she takes a pill and more often times than not, the cold sore disappears.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• A good friend who is a pediatrician always says that the only difference between type 1 and type 2 herpes is the location. See your doctor. It can be spread to many parts of the body...including the eye, which is very serious. Why take chances? See/call your doc.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010