Do any of you...

Do any of you ladies find it hard to let go of certain things of your babies such as when they outgrow something? My youngest DD is 7 months old and she has outgrowed her baby swing and bouncy seat and i'm having a hard time letting them go. I dont know if its cause i paid so much for them or i just dont want her to grow up so fast lol she is the youngest of 3 my oldest is 4yrs and we arent having anymore.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• wow, you sound a lot like me. my oldest is about to turn 4 and my youngest is 8 months. my middle is 21 months. but i know what you're saying, we are done (husband had a vasectomy) so i know when she outgrows her clothes, playpen, toys, they will be donated or given away rather than saved for the next. we had all girls too so everything was saved. it's sad to think about.. but the future is also exciting to think about. 3 girls 3 years apart.. fun fun! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh yeah.. I was crushed when my daughter out grew her bouncy seat and her car seat. God, she's 5 and I want her to stay 5!! But she doesn't listen, she keeps growing up!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i only kept those things thinking there might be another..by the time 2 yrs passed, i gave them away, deciding that if and when we needed them again, we'd just repurchase.
    the only thing i've kept was items from birth, what he wore home from the hospital, some handmade blankets, etc.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Me, it is both. You paid alot and they symbolize her baby-ness. I personally list the equipment like the swings etc on Craigslist and usually get some cash - you know to buy her more stuff! The clothes I donate, give or even Freecycle. I makes me feel good to donate clothes when I know so many people need them and they are expensive!
    I save a few special outfits the rest goes.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yeah my DH has actually got a box we keep certain clothes and toys in that have particular memories attached to them (for us).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They only things I haven't let go and won't, are their baby hats from the hospital and a purple onsie my DD has that says " no one puts baby in a corner." Lol, sorry, Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie and my mother bought it for her.

Everything else I have donated or have given it to my sister.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I do. I saved some things for my girls to give to their children, though.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 11:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010