toddler boys hair

when my ds was 9 months old we took him to the barber for a haircut. since then my bf has been buzzing his head every 2 months or so. he doesnt want to buzz the whole thing this time, he wants him to have a shape up. ds is almost 3 and bf doesnt think he is ready to sit still at the barber shop yet. he doesnt always sit still for his daddy. how old were your kids when they went for haircuts all the time?

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've been taking my son to the local Hair Cuttery since he was about 1 1/2 (he's almost 3 now). He sits on my lap or on their special booster seat and he always gets a lollipop or a sticker afterwards. I tell him that his head is going to get tickled. He likes talking to the ladies about how he wants his hair cut.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 7:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I shave my sons head every couple moths i use the longest guard.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 6:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I started taking my son to the salon at about 2 i would say we always give him a sucker or let him set on his dads lap and this does really well.... also if you have a Cost Cutters in your area they have really cool kids chairs that make it easier!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My oldest son who is 3 now, I have always cut his hair myself with the buzzers, I use the smallest clip so its almost to the head, but my youngest so who is two has curly hair so I took him to my salon and he has only had one haircut but he was very good while sitting there.
    KBSSJ5

Answer by KBSSJ5 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son has been getting his hair cut since 5 months. I do have an advantage though, his grandpa is a barber. There is no better time then now to start. Get him used to it now.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008