what kind of games do you like playing with your 13 month old?

I need some ideas.

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that age, we danced, sang, played patty-cake, itsy bisty spider, ring around the roses, we started to roll balls back and forth and then taught him to catch them, also he really started to play with cars. He loved to go outside and play with the dirt, grass, and thing he could find. The best thing is to let them explore. And talk to them about things, giving them details about what colors and shapes things are, or when your driving point things out like look at the green tree. They are a sponge and take in everything.
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Well my little boy isn't here yet but I've already got some 12+ activities ready. The one I CANNOT wait to do is lying him on a huge piece of paper on his back and tracing his body. Then getting washable non toxic finger paints and other coloring things to let him color "himself". FUN FUN FUN!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• we play sing along games now he doesnt quite talk yet but wheni sing if your happy and you know it... he starts clapping or patty cake or we do silly dances to the abcs we giggle and learn at the same time... and making up your own songs make it more memorable... for my son its anything with music... the more singing and danceing the better
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We sang songs, played "peek-a-boo," and read a lot of books. Her favorite "game" was chase - she would crawl (didn't walk until 14 months) through the apartment and I would "chase" her on my hands and knees and occassionally reach out and tap her butt with my hand. She would crack up laughing everytime I reached out to touch her, like she really thought she was getting away from me, then I just surprised her.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• rhythm, clapping, hand games
    peek-a-boo
    hiding toys under burp cloths
    silly songs
    ride little horsey
    playing toys together..blocks, etc
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008