Why don't people post the good stuff, everything is always negative?

I don't mind learning, helping and hearing about what is going on in todays world, but i would love to hear good.

Like a boy saved a boys life while he was choking during lunch... Good news....

A boy collected loads of pennies for a charity... Good News.

Girls collecting shoes for the homeless.... Good News... :)

Lets focus on both not just the bad there is some good left in this world!!! Just tired of hearing the bad sometimes. No offense too anyone, am I the only one who feels this way...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• cuz people don't normally feel the need to vent about something good.

this is a place to vent and know nothing bad will happen as a result of it in real life and you feel better for letting it off your chest and the supportive responses don't hurt, either.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Good question! Bump!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I get what you're saying. But there is a lot of bad in the world, too, and sometimes it has to be talked about whether we want to hear about it or not. As far as bashing, insulting and stuff that crap isn't necessary. But bad news is news too, unfortunately :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Good question. People tend to remember the negative more than they do the positive. Most people also thrive on speculation and gossip. Can't really speculate about a boy saving a classmate.
    collegemom123

Answer by collegemom123 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• FAIRVIEW — A quick-thinking Lincoln School student is being honored for saving a friend's life.

Faiz Haddabeh and Adrian Pimentel, two 15-year-old eighth-graders, were eating their usual chicken-cutlet sandwiches, laughing and joking with two other friends at Luigi's Pizza, when Pimentel "got up really fast, turned red and said he was choking," Haddabeh said.

Pimentel crossed his hands in the classic choking sign. The chicken's crunchy crust had become caught in his airway, he said later. He dropped the sandwich.

Haddabeh heard Pimentel whisper his words. The choking teen "was turning red, and his eyes were tearing," Haddabeh said.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Hey, everyone thought the kid was playing but he almost died, his friend realized he was not...

That is a blessing and could have been anyone child...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• That is a wonderful story!!!
    I try to post some positive information from what I read and hear in my homestate about the economy,for example,but then people bash me and tell me I am wrong. SO,I just give up. But....yes, in Minnesota, people are getting good jobs again. The unemployment rate is lower that most state's and homes are selling a little faster.
    I am sorry to be so opimistic,ladies. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ooops, sorry....OPTIMISTIC. Typo.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You have to face facts. Bad things are known to be passed along a lot more than good because a person natural reaction to some thing negative is to vent and talk about it, where as good things more just give us a good feeling.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010