if my IUD is misplaced, (my c-section scar healed and took the IUD with it, so I have to have surgery to remove it) Is it still effective in preventing pregnancy?? and yes, i'm an idiot - bc i should know! :)

i am actually getting it removed bc we want to concieve again now. i never would have known it was in my csection scar - like IN the muscle - unless i asked to have removed - which i did....

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• No, it's certainly NOT effective it it is lodged in your uterine wall. yY could get pregnant, but there is a very high chance the baby wouldn't make it with the device in there. It could be horrible. DEFINITELY use backup birth control.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• * YOU could get pregnant...
    samurai_chica

• Nope its not good, I never had a c- section but my uterus ate mine and I need surgery now too!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Im not sure
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:25 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• no, its not effective. After having it removed you need to give your body time to heal. I would not trust that your scar is quite ready to be stretched with another pregnancy if the IUD went through it.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010