Bristol Palin

i'm just curious on what your thoughts are on her becoming an advocate for teen abstinence? do you believe it's hypocritical that she had a baby at 16 and is now trying to tell teens not to have sex? how do you feel about her "what if" commercial where she says what if she didn't come from a wealthy family, what if she didn't have a family to help her out, etc. or do you think teens will learn from her in a positive way, and get her message to be careful or abstain from sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• She is a fame whore looking for a pay check, just like her mother

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's not hypocritical because people that live through the consequences of their actions can tend to be the best advocates. For example, if you were in drug rehab, would you want someone who never did drugs to tell you how to get better? Or someone who suffered the consequences of their bad decisions regarding drugs? Better to have lived it.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Is it hypocritical for a person that killed a family while driving drunk to speak out against drunk driving? I believe Bristol would be better used as an example of what NOT to do, but if she chooses to preach teen abstinence then more power to her.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it is hypocritical. However, I also don't believe in abstinence teaching. I think comprehensive sex education is a much better way to go, since the abstinence only policy obviously doesn't work. I think we need to educate todays teens about birth control, not tell them not to have sex.
    collegemom123

Answer by collegemom123 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• NOT AT ALL...since she knows first hand what it feels like to be a teen mom...she can educate others so that they make the right choices in life...sometimes ppl learn from others mistakes...and i'm one of those ppl..who learns from others mistakes :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it's how people choose to listen to who is speaking to them.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I just do not care what Bristol Palin is doing really
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:47 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think she is NOT being a hypocrite. She knows from experience what NOT to do. I am surprised that anyone would give her a hard time for this. I know my girls (and me,in the olden days...hehe) believed that sex was wrong until you are a mature adult and hopefully married.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh Lory, I agree with Gertie!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I personally believe it's hypocritical but I also feel she's in the public eye and taking advantage of her mothers fame. $ Ka-ching! $
    I'd respect her more if she wasn't whoring herself out on dancing shows etc.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010