Should I keep getting counseling?

I've been getting group therapy about a year now because my insurance was paying for it now my insurance will pay half of it,which leads me to pay $50 for 4 x's a month.I like going to therapy for the social interaction but I don't like dwelling on my issues,when I'm there I bring up hard stuff but when I'm home I think I can handle it.So really I'm using therapy like a crutch,so I won't have to face life alone but I know I have the strength within to make it,it's just easier to have someone holding my hand but I will have to pay someone to hold my hand.I just can't make up my mind what I should do,I need counsling it does make a difference but I don't want to pay for it. Kind answers please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Theres nothing wrong with going to therapy at least your seeking help. Maybe you should try going twice a month or three times a month to curb the cost a little but I wouldn't just stop going.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree to continuing to go but weening down to every other week. It will help you see your own strength but keep your support system in place if you need it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ",I need counsling it does make a difference '
    you said it there
    and you are worth 50 dollars unless this is too much and food shopping, electric etc will suffer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I think you answered your own question without realizing it. You said you use it as a crutch and like having someone hold your hand. Sounds to me like you've reached the stage where you've gotten everything you can get out of the therapy sessions.

Depending on what your issue is, there might be a free support group you can attend instead of paying for therapy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010