my son drinks similac sensitive, but since the recall i am trying to get him to drink enfamil gentle - he REFUSES it. Would you still give him the similac? He WILL NOT drink the new fomula at all. The similac recalled powder goes back way before July - he's had so much of it, and no stomach problems....? What do I do? (THIS IS NOT A BREASTFEEDING QUESTION! respect that)

i keep trying to give him the enfamil at each feeding.....
the dr. said that the recall is a precaution and that only a few cans were actually found to be effected, that its more just a precaution. Dr. didn't seem concerned.... Idk what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm pretty sure there's a ready-to-pour Similac isn't there? Maybe try that?
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Have you tried Wal-Marts Parents choice version? I can go back and forth between the 2 and my LO's never notice.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wasn't it just one batch of Similac that was recalled? I'm past the formula stage, so I didn't really pay close attention. What is sold in the stores now is fine, right? I would keep with Similac if that is what he's used to.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• When mine was on formula he ate anything and everythind including soy(for a few bottles). Walmart and kroger make a store brand that's very comparable, but think I saw on the news that the recall did not include the ready made stuff. Write simalac a letter saying how tgis has inconvenient for you and how put off u are but baby won't have anything else, of up to u you'd change, $10 says they will send you coupons. I would not feed the powered anyways they recalled it for a reason!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My daughter is 3 weeks old and we use the powder Similac...We just put her on the ready to feed liquid. She is doing fine on it. It's a little more expensive, but we found it on sale at Walmart for just a little over 3.00. I'm not sure if they have the sensitive in liquid, but the liquid isn't part of the recall. We tried the gentlease with my son....He hated it....and we ended up putting him on Similac Isomil...soy.
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 11:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have a friend whose son was drinking the Similac Expert Care - Alimentum Powder Formula and wouldn't drink anything else even though she tried everything similar to it. She ended up giving him the Similac. If your son is like that, too, I would say that you should give him what he likes if you can afford it. That is what I would do myself if I was doing formula and my son would only drink the specific kind. That is better than starving him. I hope it works out for everyone.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had the same problem, I just bought the concentrated liquid. It is the same as powder and hasnt been recalled.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have unopened cans of similac that people gave me before I had my son who is now 7 months. I have 2 similac advance and one similac soy advance isomil. I am not going to use them, and you can have them. If you are interested, message me your adress.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010