Some little twerp gave my son the middle finger yesterday

I watched out my front window my sons getting off the school bus and walking towards our house. As I watched them joyfullly I noticed some other classmates on the bus giving my son the middle finger! My son did not see as he had his back to the bus but I seen it. I'm shocked and now worried about these boys bullying my son!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• how old is your son? I'd only worry about the fact that such young children do such awful things! Where do the learn it and why do they think they can act like that?

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think "the bird" and bullying are a stretch. maybe your kid was being the bully. maybe it was a friend who was trying to be funny. Maybe it was a kid being a smartass to show off to the other kids.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i agree, but I know boys mess with each other that way too. Even friends will flick each other off and it doesn't mean anything bad to them. Its dumb, but I wouldn't worry much about it
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:26 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They could just be being idiots. As a teen I remember flipping friends off just for the fun of it. It's those stupid things you do that mean absolutely nothing. When you think you're cool when in reality you're not. Haha Ask your son about it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Ask your son. Maybe they aren't and thought they were doing something cool.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Not all that uncommon in this age group ... 9-13 year olds aren't usually too awfully bright when it comes to this sort of thing. It doesn't mean he is being bullied.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Depending on age they may have just been "trying to be cool" I think bullying might be a bit of a stretch, so ask your son about the boys. People are mean and sometimes boys are just boys
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't worry over much about it. You can ask your son if he's having problems with other kids, but most likely it's just kids being kids... showing off, trying to be funny, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010