Migraines and Arm pain/numbness/weakness

So I have migraines and am getting a MRI to check for tumors since it has caused vision change (2 new eye prescriptions in 6 months) and am seeing a Neurologist next week.

I had a really bad migraine yesterday. Then 5 hours after it, my arms started to get a pain in them both and then started getting numb and weak. I couldn't squeeze anything. And my face started going numb from my cheeks down and my tongue was going numb. I went to bed and woke up feeling better. But I am having the problem again. My arms are in pain and starting to get really weak again.

What could be going on? Should I see my doctor? Is there really anything they can do for it? I have my MRI tomorrow night. So I dunno what they could or would do for it or if it's worth worrying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• I would call your doctor NOW. Migraine related strokes are not uncommon, I have a couple of friends who have had them. I wish you luck with your MRI and testing from the neurologist!! I hope you can get some answers!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You need to go to a hospital now. Women have differnent symptoms of heart attacks. Sounds like what my aunt complained of. She died in the hospital becasue no one knew what was wrong fast enough. Go.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• See your doctor immediately! This is serious!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't know, I have migraines for 53 years and have never found anything to help except go get a shot, then they call you a drug seacher. I started at age 6 as did my oldest daughter and my dad has them. The barametric pressure triggers mine. If it goes below 30, which is quite often I get them. I had a TIA stroke in 2002 so most of mine on are the left side and my face gets numb. I have had some numbness in my left arm. I am allergic to all the new meds, so i have really never found anything that really works. Oxygen helps sometimes, but I usually wake up with one then it's too late for any preventive. Good luck!

Rosy Arnold
    roseanna1214

Answer by roseanna1214 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• See your doctor ASAP. It COULD be something serious...your migraines maybe weren't just migraines. Don't take chances. Just in case it's something serious that can be corrected if caught early...SEE YOUR DOC NOW!!!! (if you haven't already) :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010